Year 11 Publication
The Essentials Stage 1 Biology Workbook was first published in 2017 and has been used by many schools and thousands of students in the last three years. For 2020, the publisher and authors have decided to revise it in view of changes to the SACE Subject Outline and feedback from schools and teachers.
In particular, the additional features of this second edition of this popular workbook include:
- Comprehensive text and illustrations, now including many more high resolution drawings and photographs.
- Use of QR codes to access many recommended websites or will direct the reader to videos or animations; in particular our own ‘Essentials Video Animations’ (EVAs) on the Essentials Education website.
- An emphasis on Key Terms that are highlighted (semi-bold) throughout, listed at the end of each chapter, defined in the Glossary of Terms and now also included in the Index at the end of the workbook.
- Practical activities for the ‘Science Inquiry Skills’ (SIS) strand for many of the chapters together with a comprehensive guide and examples of ‘Deconstruction’.
- Assignments for the ‘Science as a Human Endeavour’ (SHE) strand, together with the relevant SHE Aspect and useful guidelines for staff and students.
- Suggested answers for all of the exercises at the end of each chapter and Laboratory Notes for all SIS practical activities.
- A ‘Test Yourself’ for each Topic with ‘SACE exam-style’ questions, including Multiple Choice, which are keyed to the Assessment Design Criteria. Suggested Answers and Mark Schemes are also provided.
Ideal preparation for those planning to do Stage 2 Biology!
SACE1AC Biology 2nd Edition Sample Chapter
SACE1AC Biology design and deconscruction extract