Year 12 Publication
Students/teachers ordering for 2020, please be aware a new edition will be published in December 2019. Read more about the new book here.
The Modern History Essentials Workbook is a comprehensive guide for students taking SACE Stage 2 Modern History in 2018. The Modern History Workbook has been written to follow the SACE Subject Outline and the integration of the Australian Curriculum.
The book covers three sections:
- History writing and exam techniques: Learn how to analyse essay questions and craft responses that satisfy the SACE Performance Standards.
- Sources Analysis: Understand the value and types of sources, then apply this knowledge to the many practice exercises in the workbook.
- Course topics: Read detailed overviews of the key study areas, and support your learning by answering questions designed to encourage critical thinking.
The topics addressed in this workbook are:
- Topic 3 (Germany)
- Topic 4 (Soviet Union & Russia)
- Topic 6 (China)
- Topic 7 (Changing World Order)
- Topic 9 (National Self-determination in South-East Asia), with Vietnam and Cambodia as focus studies.
Written by subject expert Daryl Best, the workbook promises to be a most useful tool for any student taking Modern History in 2018 and beyond.